(Cousin love before we go!)
It has been a while since we updated you and we really wanted to let you all know where we are in our journey towards church planting and the preparation leading up to it. Before I go into any of that we want to thank you for your prayers. We truly believe that your prayers and the faithfulness of God has helped keep our eyes on what really matters during a time of so much transition and uncertainty. The care and generosity of our brothers and sisters in Christ has overwhelmed us with thankfulness to God and given us such a greater appreciation for the Body of Christ, some of which we have never even met face to face yet. We want to thank those of you who have invested financially, whether you gave a one-time gift or have committed to monthly giving. We would not be able to do this without your support.
Life has been extremely busy the last few months so as you can imagine time is flashing by so quickly. We have had the pleasure of seeing many of you for times of food and fellowship as we say these hard goodbyes to so many dear friends. That is both joyful and hard. We recognize that this wonderful chapter of our lives is moving into a new chapter and as we have a last coffee with this friend, last meal with those friends or any other “last” thing as we know it – we have to remind our selves that this really isn’t the end…just a break in the grand scheme of eternity!
We are so grateful that Aaron was given several opportunities to do some various side work (pressure washing, yard work, etc) to earn money towards the Pastors College. It has largely brought in what we have received at this point in time. Now that He has received his summer assignments He will spend his “extra” time focusing on completing those things.
We listed our house for sale the beginning of May and amazingly went under contract within 48 hours. We have family visiting the first part of June but will pack up our home soon after their departure and will hopefully close on the sale June 30, assuming we can get all the requested repairs complete by that time. We will be packing up a PODS storage container and having it transported to Louisville before closing. We will remain in Charlotte, working through August 11 so that we can earn an income as long as we are able since, Lord willing, neither of us will be working for a year. We have been so blessed to have so many people open up their homes to us from the time we sell our house to the time we move to Louisville (August 12). We greatly look forward to joining our very best friends, the Earl’s, in Louisville. For those of you who don’t know we will be going through this season of preparation and church planting with them providing that is the Lord’s plan! We couldn’t be happier to answer the call to ministry along side this precious family. We have not yet secured housing in Louisville but we believe God is going to provide a place that we will be able to rent so that we can get settled before school starts on August 29. It has been overwhelming how people are out their advocating for us and using their precious time to help us find housing. I’m seriously filled with joy and gratitude in my heart just thinking about it. God has been so good to us in so many ways but one exceptional way is how He loves and encourages us through the Body of Christ. We thank you friends, from our whole hearts!
And now the hard part, and we are pretty straight shooters, as most of you know. In addition to your faithful prayers, we ask that you would consider partnering with us in some way financially if you have not already. All that we are praying about, attending Pastors College and church planting, hinges on financial support. Would you ask the Lord if He desires you to help in any way? No gift is too small. I know this is a direct plea, and it is uncomfortable to ask, but we need support for at least this year of preparation. For that, “we can make the best return we are able, by sending up many prayers to God for those who relieved us” (Matthew Henry). We are taking pains to do all we are physically able to do, selling items, selling our home, side work and investing it into the things ahead but by ourselves it is not enough. We thank you for any act of grace you are led to do…prayer, financial support and/or a note of encouragement and want you to know we hope this portion of our post has not made you uncomfortable. We understand that not everyone is in a place to participate in this manner and we are so content with the prayers of those of you in that position. We trust God is the one who ultimate will determine the exact things we need and He will sovereignly provide accordingly.
If you do feel led to help financially we have included the information to do so at the end of this post. And we leave you with this comfort, “the grace of giving on the part of believers is more than matched by the self-giving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ” (NIV Commentary). This reminder of what great sacrifice was made on our behalf is what continues to drive us to give our lives away and we pray that it would be so, more and more, in our hearts and yours.
- Please pray for us as we experience both joy in all the Lord is doing and how He is moving us coupled with the hard task of letting go of “life as we know it” (family nearby, friends, our home, our jobs, and many of the comforts we are used to having). Pray for contentment and joy.
- Please pray for the timely closing on our house and for the appraisal to come in were we need it to, the transportation of all our things to Louisville, the transition period of living out of suit cases with multiple families over the course of almost two months, and also for us to find affordable housing near the Pastors College in Louisville (someone willing to rent to an ex-felon). Pray that we would trust God in all of these things.
- Please pray for Aaron as he begins His summer reading assignments and learning Greek. We need God to give Aaron grace in apprehension, retention and application in all his studies. And time in is his schedule to focus on these things.
- Please pray for God to move on our behalf in the hearts of those who are able to help us financially and for us to look to God as our Source.
- Please pray for all the other 2016-2017 Pastors College families as they are embarking on the same journey as us. Pray that God would unite our families over the course of our time together.
- Pray for our future church plant. That God would show us exactly where He wants us to plant a church. We need wisdom that only God can give in determining this part of His plan.
You may send tax-deductible donations to: CrossWay Community Church, 6400 Prosperity Church Rd, Charlotte, NC 28269.
Please be sure to indicate Leadership Development Fund – Aaron Beane on the memo line. Do not make the check out directly to us.
You may also go to our Giving page if you prefer to give online.